Key Scene from a British Film (As Coursework Task)

Key Scene from a British Film

How does your film opening conform to the conventions of professional film openings? 
My film opening conforms to the conventions of professional film openings through the use of still shots and a montage effect. This is conveyed in the opening of “The Kings Speech”. This helps the audience gather the information from each part of the montage and helps them, to understand where the film is set and begin to see what the narrative may be. My film does however develop on the opening from “The kings speech” which that the target audience is different as my target audience is younger as my film has a horror twist but still conforms to the convention of a big budget British film like “The Kings Speech”. Whereas “The Kings Speech” target audience is much more compact I believe that from the opening scene “The King’s Speech” is much more of an older spectator film as it has a much more historical narrative and is retelling a story from the 1920’s. This helps to make sure that my film conforms to the narrative of British films the montage helps to make sure that my film conforms to the conventions of the British films.




My film conforms to the conventions of professional film openings as I believe that it helps establish the main character throughout the 2-minute sequence. This is shown through my film and can be seen in the opening of Bridget Jones’ diary as this establishes the genre and conventions of British professional films. This is key to the opening sequence of British professional films as it therefore allows the spectator to get knowledge about what the sequence or opening is trying to convey to them. Also, it helps to establish the Genre as it shows key information that is later relevant to the film. The establishment of these two things really helps show that the scene is trying to be professional as a good film is meant to leave you wanting more and that you are part of the story alongside the main characters etc.
I do believe though that my film doesn’t conform to the normality of the professional film openings as it is different that there is a monologue and that it therefore means that would be relevant to the later part of the film, so this doesn’t make to much sense. The other thing that differs is that when it jumps to the day previous the transition means that it isn’t as obvious as i would of liked it and.  

This is my opening sequence:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kuleshov Effect

Cinematography in the Truman Show