Love Actually Recreation of Scene


Love Actually Scene Recreation: When David and Natalie meet.


Love Actually Scene Recreation Evaluation:
The decisions that I made in relation to the micro elements are limited. As for Mise-en-scene I used people of the Sixth form, so they were already dressing smartly. So, there was little amount of choices that I had to make while recreating this sequence. I have chosen however to take out some of the dialogue between David and the household staff as the people in my film felt uncomfortable speaking a large amount that is also why mine is slightly shorter as I cut pieces out to allow my cast to feel more comfortable. Sound however is a massive problem as the location on filming was quiet in person, but the camera has picked up a lot of the sounds through out the corridor. As for cinematography there is a limited amount as in the actual scene there is a lot of trail shots and no many cuts and different angles so I tried to stay as close as I could to this as I had already changed some of the other parts. Editing was tricky due to the large amount of background noise this means that hearing the actual dialogue is hard. Also editing was limited as it is mainly just long continuous shots. The greatest challenges in this task was defiantly casting as it was a struggle to find 5 people. However, even though that the outcome is less than satisfactory the fact is that it does show that I can use a bigger cast than one person. On reflection when making my actual final coursework I will use two people maximum as this will allow me to focus more on the shots and angles in the piece than having to direct and create 5 different parts. As I believe this would allow me to explore the full use of the micro-elements.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kuleshov Effect

Cinematography in the Truman Show

Key Scene from a British Film (As Coursework Task)